Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Split long intervals

Sore a bit after last nights weights and quality sprints.  I got to the track at 5 and had to wait for a lacrosse game to complete.  It was an ideal situation.  Cool clear weather, upper 50ºs,  stadium lights blazing, and no one there.   I had the place to myself.   Wish I could have done more.
Hoka trainers on 
'Split 700' - 500m - 82 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 29 
'Split 500' - 300m - 44 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 31.5

After 3 days on the track, I really need a rest day.  Too bad because tomorrow is supposed to be perfect, 68º.   We'll see how I recover.  My glutes are tired.  Maybe a bike ride.

My weight has been up a tad.  In the mid 145's after workout.  I'd like to think I'm gaining some muscle but I think the protein shakes are just slowing down my digestion and I'm retaining more waste.   Anyway, I'm definitely stronger than when I ran at Nationals.

Weather is turning cold again for the weekend.  Friday - mid 50ºs and Sunday mid 40ºs.   Saturday looks bad... 40ºs and rain, could even snow Sat night.   The rest of the week looks ok but similarly cold but dry.  Good weather for some hard training.  Will probably train Fri, Sun - Wed, and one last session Fri.

No comments:

Post a Comment