Tuesday, March 7, 2017

speed - 150s

After yesterday's tough workout, I lightened up a bit today.  It rained all afternoon in Sewanee and I got out there about 4:45pm.  It was dry at first, then came the characteristic soaking mizzle.   Wasn't bad though, about 56º under the stadium lights.  Quality runs in spikes from the 200m start, 100m on the turn, 50m on the straight.  400m race pace +.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Puma spikes on 
5 x 150m ~ 18.5 - 20 

Tonight I'll do a weight and plyo workout.   Weight is up a bit, 144.9 after workout.

Schedule
Next 2 days look great for weather but I really should take a day off the track or do another light day in the next 2.  Not going to race this weekend.  I should be able to train pretty hard with only small taper right up til I leave because I'll have 3 1/2 days off before my first 200m prelim, and then just one 200m next 2 days until the 400m starts on 3/24 - a full week after my last workout on 3/17.   Like I said, I'm gunning for that 200m as much as the 400m.  Medal chances are about equal in both.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's tougher to not run than to run! Some great sessions William. Well done!

    ReplyDelete