Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday 5/17 - cool, gray and on the track

I usually don't do 2 running workouts in a row but yesterday was light and today just a little more and faster.

800m warm up and drills

spikes on

75- 90% effort:

2 x 200m - 28, 27

3 x 100m from blocks - 14, 13.5, 13

50m

I was going to run some stadium stairs but my left ham and right quad are still a bit sore. Sore but not strained. I can tell when something is strained by a few simple tests. One is where I hold my thigh out parallel to the ground and let my lower leg hang. I then flex and extend my foreleg repeatedly as fast as possible. If there is pain, there is a strain. Another is lunges. I usually feel quad strains when doing lunges.

Definitely no running tomorrow. Back to resistance work. I did some upper body today and will do another set tonight.

Weight is ok: 139, will begin to bring it down by week's end.


No comments:

Post a Comment