Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thurs. - out of the blocks

Today, I did short sprints for the first time in a while, everything out of the blocks.

Tommorrow the Sunbelt Championships start at MTSU and there were a number of guys working on details within the track stadium. A girl was there running 800m intervals. I was there at 6:45 am.

I forgot my watch today but I did everything about 80-85%:
After the usual 800m, lots of dynamic stretches and drills...

I tried my backup competition spikes: Asics Japan Lite-ning 2 that I got on Ebay two months ago.

2 x 200m
2 x 100m
2 x 50m

All from blocks. It felt great. No strains or issues. I should be ready to run my first 100m in 2 months on Sat. at the Nashville District Senior Games. Looks like it will be cooler and possibly rainy.

My weight is good - 137.6- but I need to eat carefully to be at my track weight of 136 on Sat.

I wish they'd call it the "Masters Olympics." 'Senior Olympics' sounds like a joke - old guys trying to be athletes .... (I won't even wear their T-shirt). Again, I hope some former college track star shows up to give me a whoopin'... but more than likely, I'll be running alone again. I might just do the 400m too for a workout since it is last.

I forgot to mention one act of pathetic theatrics I saw at the Chattanooga Games... A guy in his mid-50s running the 200m, wearing a sweatshirt no less, did a belly flop 5 meters before the finish line, I was standing right there at the finish line. His glasses came off, his face hit the track and he cut his chin. It almost looked like he did it on purpose. Getting up with a little blood on his chin, he muttered something about his 'training not being enough' and when he got to his feet, I encouraged him to finish the race. He did. It was pathetically entertaining.

So goes the Senior Olympics...


No comments:

Post a Comment