Monday, May 23, 2011

Inventory

As I mentioned, it takes a day or 2 to assess my post race condition. No sign of the previous strains, left ham or right quad. I have a new one: my left groin is strained and sore. This is the first time I've had any issues like this. However, this is the most common reoccurring injury that I remember from high school sprinting. Back then, I never had even a hint of any hamstring trouble.

I may consider adding some leg adductor resistance work to strengthen this area.

I have 18 days before the SE Regionals. It looks like I may have to take another day or even 2 days off and do one light day of training before really getting into it. I project first running workout to be Wed or Thurs, first hard day Fri or Sat.

Taking time off is hard to do sometimes. I'll shift attention toward core and upper body today. and start leg resistance work Tues or Wed. I'm really thankful for the hot tub.


No comments:

Post a Comment