Monday, May 16, 2011

Sore but not strained

Monday evening, cool gray weather, mid 50's. I underestimated the amount of soreness I'd feel today, 2 days after the 3 sprint races I ran Sat. I probably should have taken the day off but I thought a light workout might actually help me recover a bit. So I donned my long tights and packed the Adidas for just a few cautious sprints at 75%-80% effort.

800m warmup and drills

2 x 200m - 30, 29 sec.

100m - 13.5 sec.

400m warm down - sprint-jog, high knees, back peddling

Feels good but still a bit sore. Especially that the left ham (same one I injured 2 months ago). No sign of the quad injury which is great. There is a huge difference in the pain between 'pulled' or 'strained' and just 'sore.' I'm just sore. Which is cool ... hopefully I'll be able to do more tomorrow. Need to preserve what I have. Can't gain much in a week in between races.


No comments:

Post a Comment