Sunday, May 15, 2011

Plan for the week 5/16-21

I'm still a bit sore on Sunday evening from the three sprints races on Saturday. I don't think I can can progress this week enough in my training to increase my 400m time by Saturday's Huntsville meet, so I'll concentrate on the 100m and 200m for this upcoming meet and this week's training. I need to remember Dirk's Commandment IX. on staying injury free:
IX. Thou shalt not get carried away by an exceptional race and immediately plunge into a higher level of training
This is exactly how I've been hurt a number of times ths season. It was an exceptional race not so much because of my time, but because I ran three sprints without any strains or injuries: 100/200/400m.

It's an unseasonably cool week so evening training looks good. Here's a plan:

Mon - light running workout, something like 2 x 200 and 2 x 100 at 70% - lots of warmup, dynamic stretches and drills

Tues - strength. Plyometric leaps, stadium stairs, maybe some block starts with resistance belt and a few short sprints.

Wed - resistance bands and core work

Thurs - 300 with negative splits on each 100, 200s, 100s, 50s - reps slow to fast 75-90%

Fri - 4 or 5 block starts, light running workout at 85%, emphasizing form
Sat evening competition: 100 and 200m

Or something like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment