Thursday, May 12, 2011

Southeastern US Masters Championships - I'm booked!

I'm booked to compete in the June 11 Southeastern US Masters Championships in Raleigh, NC.

A long way to go and a lot to spend for one track meet, but thanks to some partial sponsorship from Dad, I'll be there to hopefully run all three sprint events.

All sprint events are on Sat. and each are about 60-90 min apart in this order:
100m, 400m, 200m.

Last year, there was no one in my age group that could beat me in the 400m, but you never know who might show up. I should get a chance to run against the great Oscar Peyton, a the 2nd ranked US sprinter in the age group above me. He'll kick my butt for certain.

It should be a nice way to break into the Masters track world since there will be an awards banquet. There are a number of awards, cash prizes and medals to be given.

This will be my last opportunity for an official FAT time before the big July Championship meets six weeks later: the TN Senior Olympic Finals and the Masters National Championships. It will be the only USATF meet I'll get to run in June due to conflicts with guitar events.




No comments:

Post a Comment