Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sat. morning sprints 5/28/11


Back to the track full bore.

With a light workout yesterday, and one last day of cool morning temperatures, I felt it time for a hard workout of long sprints.

It was bright and sunny but cool at 6:45 am on the track, about 62ยบ. Warming up rapidly, by 7 am, I shed the shirt after my first sprint.

I wanted to run fast but long so as a compromise, I did 300s today:



800m warmup, drills

Adidas Spikes on

6 x 300m: 45, 44, 47, 48, 47, 45
(rest intervals - 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 min)

200m - 34 - relaxed cool down

The last two 300s were pretty tough and dropped me to my knees at the finish. All six of these 300s were at or below 63sec 400m pace. Again, s-o-s, I had quit abruptly and run home to the toilet.

Thankfully... I'm healthy. No sign of any strains, the groin issue is nearly gone.

My weight is good and light after the workout: 137.0

It has not been difficult to maintain this weight. I've been eating primarily mahi-mahi (fish), lettuce, oranges, prunes, blueberries, soy nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and Spirutein protein shakes along with orange and grape juice, tea and coffee with raw sugar. That sums up 90% of my diet recently.

I plan on doing a similar workouts on Monday and Wednesday ... the problem is, the weather will be returning to the 90s to stay by tomorrow. And, I have a helluva lot going on - it's TN Guitar Festival week and I'm hosting 4 people in my house, and I'm teaching an 8:30 am class on Wed.


No comments:

Post a Comment