Thursday, May 5, 2011

Confirmed: Nike does NOT support their products

As a final update to the story below on obtaining replacement sprint shoe risers for the Superfly R3:

Nike said they will not sell replacement risers and won't reveal the name of the company that makes them.

Despite the fact that a few of these break every time they are used, Nike basically tells me that that I'm SOL ... and additionally insulting, they refuse to identify the company that manufactures these accessories.

Thanks to Mike at Nike for sending me a few risers and his efforts to obtain a source. I think we both were astounded to hear the response from the company... and here it is verbatim:
"spike risers are not available directly to consumers. Nike does not sell them and the company we partner with is not releasable."
Unbelievable. Great way to treat paying customers, Nike!!

I've contacted a friend who works for an industrial ceramics manufacturer to see if he could have some of these made.


UPDATE:
I found that I can preserve the more vulnerable crowns on the outside of the shoe with coatings of super glue.

1 comment: