Thursday, May 19, 2011

Got to start somewhere, and an error in need of correction

My first mention in the National Masters News - June 2011 issue:
M50 400m All American Standards List

screenshot:



ERROR!

On a different topic ...
In the published results of the Chattanooga District meet, I am credited with running a 57.00 400m which is correct. However, I am also credited with running a 17.23 100m which is a mistake since I did not participate in that event. I requested a correction and it still has not been made. I do not want that result attached to my name, a time worthy of an 80+ yr old. The ironic thing was that the TN Senior Olympics was adamant about requiring that all who wish to participate in the State Finals qualify by participating in the same exact event in the district meet. Here they've credited me with participation where I did not participate. (I ran the 100m in the Nashville District meet: 12.15). Now aparently, someone who did partcipate is not getting credit for it and I have a ridiculously terrible time associated with my name. No big deal but I work too hard to be credited with a 17+ second performance in the 100m. Gawd!!!

1 comment:

  1. "I requested a correction and it still has not been made."

    To whome? How?

    ReplyDelete