Thursday, September 1, 2016

4 x 400m tempo

'Hair of the dog' at the MTSU track at sunset on Thurs.  80º and breezy.  I failed to complete this workout on Monday, so I tried again today at a more modest pace.  Volume more important than speed right now.
Hoka Clifton 2s on 
400m warmup, stretches, drill 
4 x 400m w/ 2 min rest - 72.5, 72, 75, 79 
200m - 26.5
Got it done and am realizing I'm not there yet.  I'd like to drop 3 lbs before Perth.  I was 144.2 after workout, when I should be 3 lbs less.  My daily range (empty to full) is 144 - 148.   At race weight, should be 141 - 145.    

Humbling to see the African women on the MTSU team doing sixteen 400s.   Yes... 16  ....  with about a minute rest around 80.  Keith says they only do that once every 2 weeks.  Brutal.

Got my Team USA race kit from USATF.   It's red like the London Olympic uniforms, although the singlets aren't the hi-tech 'turbo' issue with the holes in the back.  Look good though, better than the blue we wore in Lyon.  I'll have to post a photo.

I think I might do a split 700 on Sat. then run some hill sprints.  We'll see it the track is available.  Football season is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment