Sunday, September 18, 2016

4-3-2-3-4 tempo ladder

I did this workout last May and was impressed with the challenge.  It was a butt kicker.  I did it again today with slightly faster times than before, especially on the last 400.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 65    /  5 min rest between all
300m - 47.5 
200m - 29.5 
300m - 49 
400m - 65.5 
2 x 70m sled pushes
The 5 min rest in between made this a tempo workout, otherwise my times could have been faster. Bringing the last 400m in at 65 was a hard effort, but this workout wasn't as hard as the first time I did it and didn't leave me dead.   Finished off with 2 sled pushes and again, totally amazed at the burn.  It seems to target lower quads around the knee.  You'd think it would get the hams and glutes but not as much.  

I had a sore foot after yesterday's race but and hour nap healed it.  Nothing can heal like sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment