Friday, September 9, 2016

Speed endurance ladder

Hot Thursday evening at the Dean Hayes track.  About 90º at sunset.  Hopefully, this will be my last really hot weather workout.  Not exceptionally humid, so tolerable.
Hoka Clifton 2s on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:45 
500m - 84 
400m - 64 
300m - 45.5
This is about the same workout I did last yr 8 weeks before Nationals.  However, that workout I ran a few seconds faster in the shorter sprints.   Guess I'm just getting old or maybe I took longer rest.

I'm lighter than last week but I know my body and I think my optimum weight should be 140 - 141 after workout like this.  143.3 after workout.

I was nervous before this workout because I knew it would be hard in the heat.  I may be training in Atlanta Sat and that will be just as hot.

Twice in the past several weeks, people asked me if I am paid to race.  I laughed and said, "of course not."  I marvel at the fact that some people can not fathom the idea of working so hard with no monetary reward.  It's a commentary on our society I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment