Monday, August 29, 2016

400m tempo fail

In the evening at MTSU, 85º and humid.   Air feels heavy compared with running in Sewanee.  I was going to do a 4x400 tempo, but bailed.  Not in the kind of shape I wish I was.
Hoka Clifton 1s on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m w/ 2min rest - 70, 73, 76 
400m - 69.5
There was no way I could have added the 4th to this tempo set with 2 min rest.   Inexplicable.   Thought I had built up some foundation by now.  I guess an off day.  2 months before Nationals last year I was doing this set of 4 and averaging 72.  Today I could only muster 3 and avg 73.   Maybe fatigued from recent commitment to strength work.   Anyway, with this week coming up, it's going to be difficult to find time to train until Thurs night.

Have recommitted my diet to losing some of this 'vacation fat'.   144 lbs after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment