Tuesday, September 6, 2016

tempo 300s +

Don't like training in the noon day sun, but that's what my schedule dictates this week.  Low's 80ºs but only moderately humid with a breeze at the Sewanee track.  Only a small sliver of shade near the 400m start in lane 8 in which to stretch... otherwise, blazing sun.  I put on the sunscreen and went.  Felt about 10º cooler in the shade but the entire track was sun-drenched this time of day.
Hoka Clifton 2s on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47, 48.5, 50.5, 52 
200m - 26.5
Was going to do more but wanted to leave before my foot started hurting.  Otherwise, it felt ok.  As usual, had to dig deep to get that 4th 300m in... the pain threshold was high.  Even after about 15 min after the set, my heart rate was still well into the 130s.   I ran a fast 200m and called it a day.

Season is now over for many of my colleagues not going to Perth.  I was telling John C., I've taken less time off from training this season than LaShawn Merritt.  Most pros take 4-6 weeks off from running.  Longtime masters colleague Ben says he takes 8 weeks off from running every year.   I've been at this since Thanksgiving week 2015.  I took off 9 days in May and 10 days in July just after Nationals.   I think I'll take at least 3 weeks off after Perth and come back slowly.  Then will give me 14 weeks until Indoor Nationals and 18 weeks til Daegu World Indoor.

Finally seeing a little result of my low carb regime.  143.3 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment