Tuesday, September 13, 2016

split intervals, sled

Thinking I may not be back on the track til late Thurs with not much time, I went out this morning for a brief hard one.  Discovered an exercise I've been missing for a while.
Hoka Clifton 2s on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
split 500m: 300m - 44.5 / 60 sec rest / 200m - 31 
split 400m: 300m - 42.5 / 60 sec rest / 100m - 15 
2 x sled sprints (60 lb - 50m)
Feelin the burn after these intervals, I jumped on  the sled and really felt the burn.   Pushing the 60 lb sled is what I need to do more of.   With only 60lbs, it allows me to sprint and push longer distances, a way better pump than running the hill or even weights.  Next week, I hope to do more of these on Monday.


Important masters meet:
British Masters Nationals will be held this weekend. It is a highly attended event and has been scheduled late specifically to prepare the Brits for Perth.  There are a few significant competitors I'll be watching in my age group that I'll see in Perth.
Results here, probably by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment