Monday, April 16, 2012

Struggling to do nothing...

I've just run my 10th track meet of the season and I haven't taken 2 consecutive days off from training/competing since Feb.

I'm not injured, but I do feel a slight soreness in my right ham, something I noticed before my 200m race on Sat. I did not feel it during the race or immediately after, only the next day. I'm sure it's nothing, but hamstring issues are not to be taken lightly... not that this is an issue. Fortunately, I've never had a serious (grade 2 or above) hamstring pull in my life.

So, I'm not going to the track tonight. But I'm not exactly doing nothing. I'm doing a healthy upper body workout (did 22 chin ups today in my first set). And, I'm going to swim, sauna, and use my foam massage roller.

I thought last night I would really bust ass on the track tonight, doing an epic 6 x 600 and 5 x 200... but maybe tomorrow. I did want to hit the stadium stairs too, but since the meet starts Friday evening, I may not get a chance.

Well, maybe I should do stairs tonight? Hmmmm.....

3 comments:

  1. Deleted the comment, William?

    I'm surprised being that you are so enlightened.

    I think I'll continue with the constructive criticism here, as long as you continue with yours, Troll.

    Cya round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constructive criticism, please... I welcome it. I don't delete comments, but I'd prefer that comments here relate to training, sprinting, and the great sport of track and field. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constructive Criticism? Like calling me 'despicable'?

    Right.

    Comment section is pretty empty, William. Nice fan club (about 'sprinting') you have here.

    ReplyDelete