Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday - back to the track

Quantity sprints - but a little faster than previous 4 x 500m workouts.

It felt hard, probably because of the humid 80+º air that I haven't gotten used to yet. It actually was over 90º today in some nearby cities.

For the 500s, it was 'beat the clock' game. I set a goal of 68 sec 400s (17 sec 100s) followed by a sub 16 sec last 100m. I beat the clock on the first one and nailed it on the second one.

800m warmup, dynamic stretches, drills

Saucony spikes on

4 x 500m - 83, 84, 85.5, 87

2 x 200m - 28, 27

It was pretty exhausting. After the second 500, I was feelin' it. Looking at my previous two 4 x 500 workouts: 3/20 and 3/11 - my 500s were faster today although a little less total sprints since I just ran 2 x 200s after the 500s.

Now that the season is in full swing with a meet every weekend, I really will have just 2 days per week of hard track workouts - Mondays and Wednesdays. I think I will keep this general training schedule:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Quantity sprints
Tuesday - stairs/resistance
Wednesday - Speed (Speed endurance, event runs, tempo endurance)
Thursday - light speed work, starts, event run
Friday - light sprints, striders, starts
Saturday - RACE!

Inventory: Weight is up a bit: 141.2 after workout. Not bad considering I was 145.4 at bedtime last night (weekend buffets). No strains but feel a little soreness in my glutes and pelvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment