Monday, May 26, 2014

Same foundation stuff

It'll be quite a feat if I fit workouts in this week.   After being on my feet all day, I got to the track for some suffering tonight at sunset.  Resting now before I start my night shift of working on my house, preparing to host a group for 5 days.   Makes me wonder how masters tracksters with physically demanding jobs have the energy to train after work.

Mid 70ºs and humid at the Dean Hayes track this Memorial Day.   It was a quiet as I've ever seen it.   I noticed the track team had been there this morning.... getting ready for the regionals and nationals.  
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
2 x 800m -  2:29, 2:27 
400m - 61
The 800s were a bitch.  I can't fathom that I actually ran a 2:15 two weeks ago, even though that was a maximum effort.   I'm beginning to really dislike 800s but even after two tough ones, it makes a swift 400m feel easy... and I guess that IS the point.

I may switch to day break workouts this week, early enough for me to get home and sleep an hour or 2 afterward.  

A little heavy at 142.5 after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment