Wednesday, May 7, 2014

negative split 400s

It was nice this morning on the Dean Hayes track, 63º with hazy sun at 7:40 am.   Did a light workout focusing on my 'second 200m' form.
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
2 x 400m - 59 (30.5 / 28.5), 60.5 (31 / 29.5)
Felt ok.  I didn't do more since I'm now training every day.  Looks like I'm committed to racing this weekend in GA, since it could be my last race of the college season unless I can get into Louisville.

I'll do a little resistance work today.   I'm light, 140.4 after workout.

The second 200m
I used to think "attack" on that last turn.  Like Latif said, "at 200m you have to make a decision to recommit."  Michael W. told me to think "dial it up" around the 250m mark, and then again with 50m to go.  I think simple concepts like: 'loose & smooth',  'extend & relax' seem to serve me better than an immediate 'attack' at a certain point in a race which can lead to tightness and too much energy spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment