Thursday, May 22, 2014

Back in flats

On the Oakland HS track this evening for some foundation work.  The air was heavy around sunset, 80º and high humidity, dewpoint 72º.    Feels like summer.

Doesn't look like much but it was hard.
Saucony Virratas on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
mile - 5:49 
6 min rest 
800m - 2:38 
6 min rest 
400m - 69 
6 min rest 
200m - 27
I really feel like I've lost significant fitness already compared to where I was.  I do need to get into the pool.  My ankle will not take this mileage.

142.5 lbs after workout.

Thanks to my Dad for the new training shoes I just bought but haven't received yet.  Hopefully, they will help my ankle situation.   He said that training sounds like a 'world of pain.'   In many ways, he's right.


1 comment:

  1. Humid air is lighter air. Boyle's gas low pv=nRT. In equal volume, number of molecules at certain temperature is the same. Water molecular weight is 18. N 2 molecular weight is 28. O2 is 32. An old adage in baseball is that balls carry farther in humid parks. In sports where air resistance is a factor, theoretically faster in humid conditions, assuming not so oppressive to limit O2 uptake or prevent cooling..

    ReplyDelete