Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pre race day - updated

UPDATE:
Heat sheets for Louisville are up and it's a good situation for me.  They are putting full heats of 9 together for the faster heats in both the 400 and 200.   For the slow heat, they are running just 3 people in lanes 4,5,6.  I have lane 4 in both races, slow heat.

-----

Today it was crazy cool for this time of year.   Upper 50ºs sunny at the Dean Hayes track.   They are setting up for the State HS Championships next week.

I just wanted to warm up, stretch and run a little.   Do some starts too.
400m warmup, stretches drills 
Saucony spikes on 
50m strider 
400m - 60  (30/30) 
3 x 50m from blocks from the 400m start, lane 2 - 6.5
Felt pretty good, a little tight in the hams, the usual slight ankle pain.  I don't know how much more I can get out of this old, slow, small, almost 54 yr old body.   I think it's all mental at this point, race execution, form, and a bit of luck if I want a season best.

It's insanely cool for this time of year with temperatures expected in the low 40ºs the next few nights.   At race time in KY, probably in the upper 50ºs with a chance of showers.

Nice to know at least that I can run a 60 sec 400m without really giving near full effort.

I'm light, 140.5 after workout.

The green green grass of home.  Dean Hayes track surrounding natural Bermuda grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment