Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Return to the track

The track...I love it and hate it.   Tonight, it wasn't so bad, except it was near 85º at sunset.   I wanted to return to the routine, so I did the usual warmup and some abbreviated stretching and drills before putting the Saucony spikes on for the first time in a while.   It has been 9 days since my injury and I can surely feel it, but it is just tight, not painful.  Only hurts when I gingerly try to stretch it or deeply massage it.
400m warmup, stretches, drills
Saucony spikes on
3 x 800m - 2:42, 2:43, 2:41
I felt I could have done another but I didn't want to push it.  There is still a lot of healing to be done.  I probably should not run every day this week.

I still feel fat and sluggish.   144.6 lbs after workout.  But, these 800s seemed relaxed and fairly painless, didn't push real hard and I recovered quickly.  Maybe I'll do 4 next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment