Monday, June 18, 2012

Beginning again

After warming up the hamstring in the hot tub, I did some light stretching, massaged some balm on the ham, and wrapped it.  I put my supportive CW-X short tights on and hit the road.

After a massive meal at Iska's last night, I weighed 150.6.   This morning, I hit the road at 146.8 lbs.  I felt terribly out of shape.
Spira training shoes on
1 mile - 6:28
2 min rest
1/2 mile - 3:12
I still feel the injury when I run but it's not painful, just feels tight.  More painful just to run in the heat. Even at 9:30 am, it's in the 80ºs.  I ask myself if it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your head up. I had strained my hammy twice during the first few months of my 1st year running masters and it can do a number on the confidence. Sounds like it wasn't that bad of a tear if you can run an 800 and 1600 after a week...with the right prehab & rehab program you can still make it happen. Good luck and hope you can run in Lisle this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thach,
    It still hurts a bit but it's better every day.

    ReplyDelete