Monday, October 31, 2016

World Masters Championships - 200m prelims

Ran the 200m prelims in an easy heat today.  Didn't feel real good, a bit tight... probably too anxious, expended too much at the beginning.  25.35 is a very poor time for me, no where near my 'A game' ... which will be required if I have any chance to medal, (since there are 6 guys in this field that could run faster than me).  I was only 5th fastest qualifier and Don was behind me by .03.   I need to relax it out a bit more, save some.  Semis and finals tomorrow.  I have two sub 25 guys in my semi tomorrow including Don, the 100m world champion.  I have lane 5, and the two fast guys are inside me.  I can't freak out if or when they pass me, like Val did in the US final. I need to save some and hope to make the final.



At least the view from my room is nice...



No comments:

Post a Comment