Sunday, October 9, 2016

Split 400s

On the track early afternoon in Sewanee, bright sunshine, low 70ºs.   Foot feeling worse than before but tolerable.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
300m / rest 1 min / 100m - 41.8, 14.5 
300m / rest 1 min / 100m - 42, 14.5 
300m / rest 1 min / 100m - 42.5, 14.5

It kicked my ass and the foot felt sore but ok afterward.  I tried some new taping and adjusted the pad 3 times, looking for the magic placement to offer the best support.  The workout was a butt kicker, really felt it in the glutes.  My pace was probably about 57 high- 58 low, running from the 400m start into a headwind.  I feel like I would have to perfectly execute to run low 56s at my present state of fitness.  I'm not able to put in the volume I feel is necessary and can do just what I can tolerate.

My foot will probably suffer a bit when I race a 400m in spikes in one week.   I have just 2 track workouts scheduled before then - Tuesday and Friday.   I'd like to put in more volume on Tues if I can tolerate it.  I'm signed up to race the 400 and 200 but doubt if I'll do the 200.  My first 200 since Nationals will probably be in Perth.

I think I should go to the pool tomorrow to get in a workout in anticipation of my 2 days off Wed and Thurs this week.

I got my prescription filled, and it wasn't a steroid.  It was non-steroid anti inflammatory - Meloxican, so I won't have to worry about filing paper work with USADA.  I still haven't taken any medication.  The foot feels ok afterward, better than when running the first rep, and usually better on the second rep of a workout.

142.4 lbs after workout.    17 more days before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment