Friday, October 21, 2016

tempo 400s / 200s

A sudden change of weather and the first rain in 31 days last night in Sewanee.   It was a blustery 52º on the track late afternoon.  It didn't go real well.  I wanted to do more volume but felt weak, probably due to less food intake, intended to get as light as possible.  Weighed 140.6 after workout, probably too light.  I intended to do the dreaded 4x4 w/ 2m... but I bailed after 3.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m w/ 2 min rest - 70, 69, 75 
2 x 200m  - 27, 27.5
This workout was disappointing compared to my previous, and especially coming on 2 days rest.   I think I'll have a good carb and protein meal and do some weights tonight.  Sat., off and I think I'll get on the track Sun, Mon, Tue, Thurs for my last speed workouts.

Tried out the new Hoka Bondi 4s.  Didn't like them and will return them.   Too stiff and hard. The Cliftons are much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment