Friday, October 14, 2016

Volume tempo 300s / 200s

Perfect conditions at the Sewanee track, very quiet, fall break has begun.   Mid 60ºs and cloudy, light breeze.  This is the biggest workout I've done in a while.  The foot is a bit better but far from normal.  At least it's not worse.  I did this workout twice in June and July.  This one was a bit slower and every bit as hard.  Real suffering.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47.5, 48.5, 49.5, 52.5 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 31, 32, 33, 31.5
Normally, wouldn't do this type of workout 2 days before a race, but I'm really not considering this race a 'real race'.   Just a time trial to see how my foot holds up to 400m in spikes.   I'm a whole lot more optimistic than I was a week ago.    Before this workout I tried 3 different pad configurations with the usual k-tape.  I went with the gel pad under forefoot and the metatarsal pad behind the injury.  The pain was there but not bad, worse on the first one, and almost gone by the end of the 1st set.  Still haven't taken any anti inflammatory drugs, it's not really swollen.

This was a good 2000m total workout.  I have just 5 track workouts left after Sunday's race - Tues, Friday, Sunday, Tues, and the day I leave Thurs.   I think two more hard volume tempo workouts then speed/ race modeling for the last 3.

Inside 2 weeks now.  Weight is good but maybe on the light side, 141.1 lbs.  Felt a bit weak tonight, especially on my last 300m.


No comments:

Post a Comment