Wednesday, December 17, 2014

cold n still

Quiet, damp, cold, and breezy late afternoon at the Sewanee Coughlan track.   35º and an occasional breeze makes it feel colder.  Track was partially wet but ok.  I trained in short tights, a t-shirt, light long sleeve top and gloves.

I think 4 to 5 long sprints has become sort of a 'standard' workout for me, especially at up tempo pace (~15sec/100m or faster).   It certainly does the job and I feel the pump.   These workouts are usually around 1000m total distance.   Tempo workouts are sometimes more.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 62  
300m - 44 
2 x 200m - 28, 29
Glad to get it done on a foreboding cold day.   It was just too cold today to run short and fast.   Probably should start wearing my long tights when it gets below 35º.   Better get used to it, it's only going to get worse.  Only slightly warmer on Friday but it's going to rain.

Going to try and get 3 more track workouts in before xmas, and 2 resistance workouts, so none of them need to be 'killer'.    Might save the short stuff for FL or indoors when I get back.  Sewanee's indoor track would be great for practicing starts and 55m sprints.

Seeing how I was 144 after workout, I still think 142 would be a good minimum race weight.

1 comment: