Wednesday, December 10, 2014

200s, form

Chilly day on Tues at the KCD track, cloudy about 38º with a light breeze.   I trained in long tights. After watching my poor form on video I decided to do a light workout and work on form.   Still a small lingering groin soreness from Saturday's 3 races but no problems.

It seems that my problem is the backswing of my legs.  They don't go straight back, they tend to cross the center line of my back and go off to the opposite side, sometime a lot, resulting in an inefficient bowleggedness, unnecessary hip rotation, and presumably, a shorter stride.   Maybe it's the fastest way to reach maximum turnover for me?  I don't know, but I'm going to work on it.  Sprinting down the stripe and concentrating on keeping the legs moving in a consistent plane on each side is what I did today.  I actually ran faster than I intended.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m - 28,28, 28, 29  (walk 200 in between)
Doesn't look like much but was feeling the pump after the third one.  Good thing I got on the track today, I've enjoyed visiting the Pie Kitchen everyday for breakfast, pie and ice cream, 'breakfast of losers.'

I liked this quote:
"Everyone eventually grows older, at sometimes a faster rate than others."
     —President Obama, on Colbert Show 

No comments:

Post a Comment