Friday, April 21, 2017

split 500, blocks, short game

Perfect quiet day at the track.  72º and mostly cloudy with thunder in the distance at the Sewanee track.   My last week of training for the indoor/early outdoor season.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 60m strides 
split 500 - 300m / 1min rest / 200m - 42.5 / 29
 Resistance bands - hams, hip flexors
Puma spikes on 
4 x blocks starts 
2 x 50m from blocks ~ 6.7 
100m from blocks ~ 12.2

Needed a long sprint to get warm and to maintain some long sprint condition.   Then I worked my eccentric hams and hip flexor thrusts with resistance bands and rolled them on my pvc roller in prep for some fast stuff.

With the spikes on, I did a few blocks starts and then a few hard 50s before running my first full out 100m in training this season.   It was fine.  I set my timer to beep at 12 sec, and I was just a meter from the line when it beeped, so I estimated a 12.2.  Not too bad at the end of a workout.  I think I'm capable of near 12 flat with a good start.  My hams and quads are fine, my limiting factors in training are the feet.  They're not too bad since I took Sat-Sun and Wed-Thurs off this week.

If I start training on May 22, I'll get a solid 7 weeks in before Nationals.

Looking forward to the 'drag race' at Penn.  145 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment