Tuesday, April 18, 2017

blocks, starts, 200, 300

A break in the rain late in the day near sunset.   Mid 60ºs and very serene after the lacrosse team left.  I was expecting I'd see the track team one last time since this is their last week ... but no.  They didn't show, were probably inside because of the rain or just taking the day off.   I imagined that this is what it's going to be like this summer.  A return to the 'ghost ship' track.   By mid May, this place will be a ghost town.   That's what I'm used to.  After getting to know other elite masters, I do think I'm in the minority as I train alone and do not have a coach.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 80m accelerations 
Puma spikes on 
5 x 50m from blocks  
200m - 25.7 
Hoka trainers on 
300m - 43
It sure feels like the end of the season.  Takes a while to get warmed up.  I ran the 50s from blocks full bore, really just testing the machine for faults and vulnerabilities.   I seem ok.  Right ham a tad sore but no strain.

I feel my 400m fitness is declining, but I did run 2 fast long sprints for maintenance.   I must say that my priority for Penn is to make a good showing in the 100m, since it will be my one and only 100m of the season, and the rest will be just fun.   My "indoor/early outdoor season" will conclude with the a 400m on the GPTC 4x400 team.  Then... a rest.  I'm going to need at least 3 weeks.  Probably pick it up again last week in May.

During my time off from the track, I'll work on my upper body, cross train with the bike and rowing machine.  For now, off to the weight room.

No comments:

Post a Comment