Monday, January 9, 2017

tempo 300s

20º warmer at the Sewanee track today, 37ºF and hazy sun, light wind... t-shirt weather.  I busted butt today with what has become my bread n' butter workout, tempo 300s.  Never easy.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 48, 49.5, 51, 53.5
About the same as last time, (50.5 avg), but not as fast as what I was doing spring '15 (48 avg), or last year in Feb. (49.4 avg) for this same workout.

Wanted to do more, but best keep the volume down as I have been on the track every other day now since 12/30, 6 of the last 11 days, (and in the weight room on many off days).  Wednesday looks to be 57ºF., so maybe I'll do some quality work that day.

Requested entry into next weekend's Vanderbilt meet.  As expected.... crickets.... no response.  It is possible I may not race til MTSU on Feb. 4.  Still considering a flight to Raleigh for SE Masters on Jan 22... but probably not worth the nearly $600 it would cost.  Hoping to get into Emory that weekend.  If I don't go to Emory or SE Masters... I will not race on a 200m track this season until  Nationals, odd for me since I got in several meets last yr before Nationals.

Finally, the low carb regime is taking effect, losing some fat.  I should be there in a week.   144.0 lbs after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment