Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Indoor schedule takes shape

To my surprise, I was accepted to the Vanderbilt meet on Jan 21-22.  I think this is the first time Coach Keith has ever personally responded to my request for entry when restricted. I can certainly understand his reservations.   Surely, I am the oldest athlete to ever compete in a college meet there, certainly the oldest sprinter.   I actually requested for this coming weekend, but he gave me permission for the following weekend meet which will be smaller, fewer DI schools.   That is really better, I will be more prepared in 10 days.  If it were this coming weekend, I probably would not run the 200m, but since I have more time, and so few meets, I may do both the 200 and 400.  I am also presuming Dean Hayes will let me in MTSU's meet.

So, here it is - two NCAA DI meets, one DIII meet, and 2 Masters Championships ...

Jan. 20-21 - Nashville, Vanderbilt Invite (200/400)
Feb. 4 - Murfreesboro, MTSU Invite (400/200?)
Feb. 11 - Sewanee, Tiger Invite (400)
Feb. 17-19 - Albuquerque, USATF Indoor Nationals (200/400)
March 21-25 - Daegu, S. Korea - WMACi World Indoor Championships
(200/400)

I requested entry into Emory's Crossplex meet on Sunday, Jan. 22.  I probably won't go even if I do get in, but it's an option.   It would be a little tough to race 3 days in a row but that's what I'll be doing in Albuquerque and Korea.  Plus, it will be the only opportunity to race on a standard 200m track.  Vandy is 300m, MTSU 250m, and Sewanee 160m.   It would be nice to get a meet in during early March but that is championship indoor meet season for college, NCAA Indoor Nationals are March 10-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment