Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday, back to work

Back on the track today in splendid weather at MTSU, low 60ºs and hazy sunshine, with a breeze.

My legs are fine, the ham soreness is gone, just a little residual post-race soreness in my upper quads.

The workout today was similar to the one last week, but I upped the pain threshold a bit by decreasing the rest interval slightly.  Still, it wasn't bad, hard but not punishing.  Never more than 80% effort except on the last one where I did push hard to bring it in at 48.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 3 x 300m with 1:45 rest -  (47.5, 48.5, 48.5) and (47, 49, 48)

Next meet..

I was so impressed with the Vandy track that I tried to get in their high level invitational meet this weekend but was summarily rejected by assistant coach Humphreys.   I just asked to run one event - the 200m ... sheeeez.   Usually one of the last running events, the 200m gets a lot of scratches.  Seems like they could have considered my request before rejecting it immediately.   So, it's off to the Crossplex in Birmingham on Sunday.   It gives me one more training day this week, so it's ok, even though it's a whole lot more driving.   Plus, I get to be in Sewanee this weekend.

Trying to decide what events I want to run.  Would like to run the 60m, but it's the first event and I'd have to get up early and leave by 7:30 am.   If I run the 400/200, I can leave at 10:00am.  This meet takes forever.  There is almost 4 hrs between the 400 and 200.  I know I won't be able to produce faster times than I did at Vandy, but maybe I can use my last years marks as a reference to measure my progress.

Quote for the day:

“To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.”  - Buddha



No comments:

Post a Comment