Wednesday, January 14, 2015

brief speed work

Was 32º but sunny and calm late afternoon at the KCD track.   I'm amazed at how much better it felt today than Monday, even though the temperature was about the same.  Sunny, dry, and no wind makes all the difference.   Still I wore the long tights.

Did three up tempo long sprints today.  The first one a bit gingerly, then the second one closer to race pace.
Saucony trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 300m - 44.5, 42,5 
200m - 28

Did resistance last night and felt a tiny strain in lower ham when doing high box jumps.   Felt it today but it is minor, should be good to go for Sat.'s meet.  

And... I'm definitely in Saturday's Vandy meet.  I'm on the heat sheets for all three sprints.   I drew inside lane (2) for the 200m and 400m.    In a meet like this, it will be good.  More turn to run, but at least ... as my Dad says, "no one passes me."

No comments:

Post a Comment