Friday, May 11, 2012

Return to the track - gently

Some flat footed endurance running this evening on the track.   With the ham still slightly sore, I didn't want to push it, so I didn't even pack my spikes so I wouldn't be tempted.   Beautiful cool evening, perfect temperature, around 67º.

I did 3x800m and I was amazed at how much slower and less efficient it is to run in training shoes with heel strike, as opposed to the way I usually train on the track, in spikes with no heel touching.  I thought I could do the first one in 2:30 but not even close.  I really felt the extra 5 lbs. I've gained.


Spira training shoes on 
700m warmup on grass, dynamic stretches 
3 x 800m - 2:40, 2:44, 3:00 
 rest intervals: 3, 4
I think I will do resistance tomorrow and then maybe hit the track with spikes on Sunday or Monday.   Weight is 144.6 after workout.

I left the track at the same time I would have been flying out to SE Masters.  What a difference a week makes.  Fitness diminishes sooo quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment