Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fast long sprints - new meet commitment

Taking advantage of the MTSU track during an evening break in the action - a 5 day State High School meet - I did fast long sprints this evening in relatively cool weather, about 70º.

This may be the last evening this week I'll be able to use this track.  Tomorrow, I'll probably have to go to Oakland High.
700m warmup, stretches, drills
Saucony spikes on 
2 x 500m - 79, 82 
3 x 300m - 44, 46, 43.5
For the 500s, I set a goal of 80 - 16 sec even splits.  But I'd always start out faster and finish fast.   It was more like 15, 16, 16, 17, 15 - a 64 sec 400m + 100m in 15-16 sec.

For the 300s, I really busted my ass on the last one, running the last 100m in about 14 sec or less.

Weight is decent: 140.6 after workout.

Next Meet: NC State Masters - June 10
I committed myself to running at a the NC State Meet on Sunday June 10, at Wake Forest Univ.   The main reason for this was logistics: Iska's parents live near there, Iska will be visiting her parents, and I already had credit on SW for a ticket from the cancellation of the SE Masters Meet.   In fact, the tickets for this meet are even cheaper: $169 round trip non-stop.   This is a good meet, USATF sanctioned and strictly a masters/open meet, so it should move along fast.   I will do all the sprints.  I  refuse to shy away from the 100m event due to my slight injury on 5/5.

The weekend after, I have the Bluegrass Games, a 2 day event and the weekend after, I may or may not go to the AL State Games.   Participation in the TN Assoc. meet looks doubtful.  They have not returned my email about wanting to participate, it's a kids meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment