Saturday, May 5, 2012

Disaster?

Exactly what I did not want to happen in a junk meet before a major meet.

Hamstring.

Not severe, but certainly puts my next meet in question, at least running the 100m.  I say 'not severe' ... but won't really know until tomorrow.   It wasn't a tear, but a cramp-like strain in the left ham.  Funny thing is that I was more worried about my right ham that seemed consistently sore and possibly vulnerable.

Nevertheless...

11.94 - 100m

I felt the left hamstring cramp up in just the last 10m of the 100m race and breezed through the finish.   I had competition.   Bob ran a 12.37.   I had a poor start and was even with him at 50m.  I had to really dig to beat him.

What haunts me is that this week is the first week I had NOT done ham resistance work.  That may be why this happened.  This is not the same ham I injured last year, this is a new injury.

Bummer.

At the very least, since the 100m is the first event at SE Masters, I may scratch from the 100m and run the 400m, 200m and 800m.   As much as I love the 100m, it appears to be too much of a risk to run it at the beginning of this meet that I've invested so much time and money to attend.

I brought myself back from a groin strain in a few days before Penn, I'm hoping I can do the same with this ham.   Probably take 2 days off, and start resistance bands as soon as no pain.   If the pain persists into mid week, I may have to scratch the meet.  It'll be a last minute call.

Disappointed.  I really wanted to run the 100m.   Still, coasting to an 11.94 ... not too bad.  I was pissed, just left the scene, didn't bother to even pick up my medal.

Well, off to Vegas...

No comments:

Post a Comment