Sunday, January 29, 2012

Progress! TSU Invitational meet report

Finally, some respectable times.

The funny thing is, the 400 didn't feel that hard. 57.57 and I didn't 'rig up' ... like the last 2 races, (and like the Nationals) and I felt pretty strong all the way through. Honestly, I felt I tried much harder the previous 2 races where I ran around 59.

Also, I ran my first 55m of the season in 7.47. Just .04 off my PR of last season.

I felt a very noticable groin strain after the 55, not serious, but noticable. Same left groin. It felt worse after the 400 and I should not have run the 200m, but I did anyway, in a slow 26.25. I'm pretty sure I was the only sprinter to do the 55/200/400 triple today. I'm sure tomorrow, my groin will be pretty sore.


As of today, both my 400 and 55 are third ranked in the M50 USA Masters Rankings, but it's only January, and those rankings will diminish. My 26.16 from the first week would rank 5th, but I won't submit it. I hope to do better when I don't run the 400m first.

The new Adidas tights are definitely a go for future races. I think I'll also keep the chocolate bar and coffee regime for a pre race meal. I think previously I had been running with too little fuel.

I'm 137.0 lbs after racing today. I'm definitely modifying my diet to include a little more carb. Enjoyed sweet potatoes with lots of butter and maple syrup last night, along with fish and sauteed spinach. I've eaten about a pound of chocolate in the past few days and it is NOT putting weight on me... heh. Good to be at my sprinter weight.



No comments:

Post a Comment