Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Indoor 300m repeats


This evening was my second consecutive running day, a first this season, and very much needed. I planned to do more quantity than quality, but I probably ruined it by ... yes again ... starting too fast.

Dean Hayes emailed me back and confirmed that yes, the Murphy Center track is 300m in lane 4. So I started 300 repeats with what I hoped to be limited rest intervals. Didn't turn out that way. I ran the first one strong, but it didn't feel like I was pushing more than 90% but, definitely a strong sprint all the way. I was shocked to see my first 300 was 38. Ok, I cheated the line a little ... but 38 !!?? That's 53 sec 400 pace. I've never run a 300 in 38. Mistake? Maybe. OK, lets say 38.5. The rest of the times were more normal. I wanted to do 2 to 3 min rest in between - which I did after the first 2, but I felt shaky, tight, and sick after the third 300. An indication I'm really not in great shape. Also, maybe because I've been eating light. So, I copped out and ran 2 more with 5 min rest and just 'strider effort.'

Here it was:

900m warmup, stretches, drills

Adidas spikes on

5 x 300m - 38.5, 44, 45, 46, 49

I'm getting my 'race body' back on. 140.4 lbs after workout.

I'm going to do some resistance tonight and take the day off from running, the day off - save for some firewood cutting and stacking for Iska. Hope to do a moderate workout Thurs night and a very light tune up on Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment