Sunday, March 24, 2024

Wildflower hike, injury update

Wildflower season in the South Cumberland is finally here.   Did a relaxed 3 mile hike on the bluff today. 

The butt is still sore but it didn't bother me to hike, even climbs.  I think this injury will be fine to begin some limited running in a week or so.  

I haven't ruled out Penn yet.  As a compromise, I could run the 100m, then if I survive, do the 4x400m.  I would never go to Penn if I thought there was any doubt I could get the stick around.  I would never want to screw my team, so I'll go only if I'm 100% confident and healed.   

The injury really screwed with my head at Nationals, as much if not more than it compromised me physically.  I'm not going to let that happen again.  Still feel really empty, that should have been my 10th title, but still happy with my rankings and season overall.  I did the work. 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment