Monday, March 4, 2024

bike climbs, hill sprints

Dry and upper 60ºs in ATL today.  Took advantage of the very hilly neighborhood here and did a series of hill sprints on both the bike and on foot.   

First set was bike.  5 x 1.7 mile circuit with 3 hill climbs, longest one only a quarter mile.  Stayed off the seat the whole way with good effort.  8.5 total.

Second were 6 x 100m sprints, also good effort.  Did these between 14.3 and 15.5.\

Stretches

8.5 miles on the bike, 5 circuits each w/ 3 sprint climbs

6 x 100m hill sprints - 14.3 - 15.5

Weight still hanging about 139-140.

I'm dubious about racing on Sat. because I haven't heard from the meet director from the DA website.  Weather does not look good.  Rain in the morning, 90% til 9am, decreasing to 60% by noon.   Might not  race til Nationals.

But, last year, I did race the weekend before Nationals.   My last meet before Nationals in '23, I ran a poor 59.35, just 6 days before the semi-final race, where I ran 59.1   Next day I ran a season's best 57.59.  So, if I'm hell bent on getting a race in the weekend before, I could race at Emory for another college meet on Sat the 16th.   Nationals race is 6 days later on Friday.  We'll see how the weather looks.  

Tomorrow looks like rain most of the day.  So, will do core work, upper body, hip flexors.  Wed and Thurs look good so I'll go to Marist just before sunset.  Might do a time trial on one of those days, need work on my pace.  




No comments:

Post a Comment