Sunday, March 3, 2024

Berry College meet report

Saturday, ran my first outdoor meet at Berry College, my 63rd college meet after age 50.  It was a bust, I went out with the kids and rigged in the end losing a lot of time, 59.75.  My pace awareness isn't there.  With the slow guy in front of me scratching in lane 7, I was running alone in 6 until guys on my inside started to pass down the back stretch and I tried to stay with them, which I did til 250ish.  They were faster than I thought, the winner in the heat ran 54.  I was quite a ways back.  

Anyway, 59.75 - my worst time this season (excluding Sewanee's indoor 160m track)  is still faster this season than anyone else in the US M60 400m.   

So, on break and in Atlanta, I'm going to double down on my training and really kick ass.  

The weird race this coming weekend from that weird meet director who limited 'open' to age 35 was canceled.  Just disappeared from the Coacho calendar like I expected it would.  So, I may request to race in another college meet this weekend at Clark U, a historically black college here in ATL.  Weather doesn't look great though, rain in the morning, 50% during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment