Friday, March 22, 2024

pre race day shake out

What a nice facility, track looks great.  I did a warmup and some strides and few starts from blocks.   It feels pretty good, just a little hesitant and cautious to let out my stride but I'm good to go.  It's all mental from this point.  I put the Hoka Rocket 2 trainers on and a couple strides, got up to about 400m race pace. Didn't feel real smooth due to me being a bit reserved, but tomorrow, no limits.  I'm going for it.  

















I saw Rob who qualified #2 in the 60m, and he has the same exact issue as I do, same leg.  I gave him a capsaicin patch.  I wore one tonight on the upper ham.   Feels fine tonight.  Could barely feel it at all.  I guess it's really a fairly common thing with us 60+ sprinters.   I know at least 3 other guys who've had the same issue.   Vadim called me and has scratched due to illness.   Two other M60 guys who claim sub 60 400m seeds have not yet declared.  One didn't show for the 60m.     

No comments:

Post a Comment