Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Bike climb, resistance

Gorgeous day, 67º, sunny.  Had to keep myself from running today, needed the recovery but I did a hard bike climb up the mountain in 20 min flat, and I did it after my resistance workout.  Just 1:15 slower than my PR.  My watch said my HR peaked at 172.  I bought a more accurate arm strap sensor to go with my watch, so I'll get more accurate max HR readings after Thurs.  

Tomorrow, not much time so I'm planning an early morning tempo set on turf, 150s, then Thursday completely off.  

    Bike climb - Roark's cove rd. (900' in 2.5 miles) - 20:00

    Resistance circuit, hip flexors, glutes, ab wheel, pushups, and pullups.

Did a PR set of 24 consecutive pullups today.

138.9 lbs after workout.

May do some race pace Friday but thunderstorms expected.  Then, the rest of the week looks fine except for a cold snap on Monday-Tues with wind, temps only in the mid 40ºs.   I'm planning my last hard conditioning workouts on Sat and Monday, then taper to some race pace, maybe a time trial Wed morning.   Too bad it has to be cold for these last few workouts next week.  Not much time left.  Leave a week from Thurs for Chicago, 400m Championship, a week from Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment