Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Gym

 In the gym last night for some resistance and intervals on the rower.  Roya joined me.

Stretches

4 x 500m w/ 1 min rest - 2:08, 2:04, 2:02, 2:02

Hip flexors, abs, adductors, chest machines

Pretty good session, not full effort but peaked my HR at 170.  Nice having Roya here. 

Injury still there but steady improvement.  Will try to run a little by this weekend.  Maybe start with some hills.

I was incredibly disciplined with my diet in the month pre Nationals.  Wonder if I got too light?  I had bought 5 lbs of my favorite chocolate in early March and just opened it for the first time this week.  Ate at the campus buffet last night so a lb heavier this morning at 141.5.  

3 comments:

  1. Presume that is 4x500. That's a good workout for you. Having low intracellular glucose stores is proven to reduce maximum anaerobic capacity. So you might not have been too light but under fed. Your heart rate monitor looks like it has some bad data. For repeat 2 min intervals on a precise machine like the concept 2 the HR response to the work and rest intervals should produce a very smooth graph. Unless you have irregular heartbeat which would be a medical issue. Chest straps are the best known method. Given the noise in your graphs accuracy is suspect I would not count on the max being correct. Should validate it with a chest strap device. I think the same company sells them they even state on their website if accuracy is important order the chest strap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 4x500m updated. Coros arm band compares favorably to the Garmin HRM Pro chest strap in tests.

      Delete
    2. But not for you.

      Delete