Monday, March 11, 2024

4x200 tempo

Cool, 59º, mostly sunny and light winds at the Sewanee track.  #2 of 4 of my last conditioning workouts before Nationals, and I continue to one-up myself from last year's regime.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

Hoka Rocket X2s on

4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 30.00, 30.41, 31.67, 31.53 (avg 30.90)

200m - 28.80

This was .30 sec faster on average than the 4x200 w/1min set I did a yr ago (31.20)

The last 200m was supposed to be a 300m but I cut it short because I felt some soreness in my L proximal ham.  It's fine, just a bit over worked.   Have run 8 of the last 10 days.  I really probably shouldn't run tomorrow and maybe do something light early Wed.  

Must decide about the meet on Sat.  Might be better and safer to do my last 2 conditioning workouts Sat and Monday, instead of Sunday and Mon.  Then run race pace or event run this Friday.  SO... I'm leaning against racing on Sat.  

Been eating well.  Just one of those high fiber 70 calorie Royo bagels in the morning and cappuccino.  Then one main meal, tonight chicken with roasted brussels sprouts and beets.  No snacking.  

138.5 lbs after workout.  

Tried to record my heart rate with the sport watch.  It said I reached a max of 185 in my tempo set.  Can't be right.  Maybe I'll order the arm cuff accessory to dial in exact readings.  

I found a rare pair of Adidas Prime Sp2s in my size at Dick's online, so snagged em.  





No comments:

Post a Comment