Sunday, March 17, 2024

definite setback, but the work is done

This morning, the injury, and yes  ... I'm now calling it an injury - the L proximal ham felt worse than it had in 2 yrs.  Really bad timing.  I sort of panicked this morning feeling like I'd never recover by Friday, but this evening, I'm a bit more optimistic.  Having been on the track consecutive days, including 8 of 10 days during one stretch, 5 days is a really long time before the race.  Taking 2 days off felt like a week.  So, the plan is no running at all until race day, just cross training.  I should be recovered to race by Friday.  I can't control so much the healing process as I can other things, my cross training, my diet and weight, so that's what I'm concentrating on.  Alan said I could take a month off and probably still win, but that's never the entire point.  I wanted to run 58.5 or better.  Maybe a WL.  But now, my goals are a bit more modest.  Just to win without injury.   

Drove to the Fowler Center tonight and the a-holes closed it early without any announcement.  It's a 25 min round trip to get there and I let the director know I wasn't happy.  So tonight, I did a set of hip flexors/abs with ankle weights and some upper body.  Tomorrow, to the gym in earnest with a conditioning set of rowing, stairmaster.  The rest of the week, just light stuff.  

Have achieved race weight.  In the 138.5 lb range.  

The hay is in the barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment